Team communication is a crucial factor in success, whether it be for a sports team like Barcelona or a project team within an organisation. Communication should be honest in order to develop trust. Teams that fail to communicate effectively will waste time and energy doing things that aren’t necessary.
Some team communication quotes can be a bit meh. We get it. However, when a quote inspires the person reading it into action then it can become quite powerful.
So, you just might find that this collection of quotes from highly successful people such as Ernest Hemingway and Peter Drucker is the catalyst for better communication within your team.
Ready to get started? Here are our 40 best team communication quotes to inspire your team.
1. “When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.”
2. “The most important thing in communication is to hear what isn’t being said.”
3. “Good communication is just as stimulating as black coffee, and just as hard to sleep after.”
Anne Morrow Lindbergh
4. “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”
5. “Communicate unto the other person that which you would want him to communicate unto you if your positions were reversed.”
6. “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.”
George Bernard Shaw
7. “Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.”
8. “Communication works for those who work at it.”
9. “There is only one rule for being a good talker – learn to listen.”
10. “Any problem, big or small, within a family, always seems to start with bad communication. Someone isn’t listening.”
11. “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”
12. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.”
13. “If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.”
14. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.”
15. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.”
16. “I think for any relationship to be successful, there needs to be loving communication, appreciation, and understanding.”
17. “Communication works for those who work at it. “
18. “Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don’t understand the language that you’re singing in, they still know good music when they hear it.”
19. “Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.”
Paul J. Meyer
20. “Communication is a skill that you can learn. It’s like riding a bicycle or typing. If you’re willing to work at it, you can rapidly improve the quality of every part of your life.”
21. “I motivate players through communication, being honest with them, having them respect and appreciate your ability and your help.”
22. “It’s important to make sure that we’re talking with each other in a way that heals, not in a way that wounds.”
23. “Every act of communication is a miracle of translation.”
24. “Communication is your ticket to success, if you pay attention and learn to do it effectively.”
25. “We never listen when we are eager to speak.”
Francois de la Rochefoucauld
26. “Speech is our primary means of communication. If it’s important, we tell people about it.”
27. “When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.”
Stephen R. Covey
28. “The art of communication is the language of leadership.”
29. “Communication is one of the most important skills you require for a successful life.”
30. “We are stronger when we listen, and smarter when we share.”
31. “Communication – the human connection – is the key to personal and career success.”
Paul J. Meyer
32. “If you have nothing to say, say nothing.”
33. “Conversation is king. Content is just something to talk about.”
34. “Communication sometimes is not what you first hear, listen not just to the words, but listen for the reason.”
35. “The best speakers in the world are the best storytellers. They have a gift to not only tell a great story, but also share a lot of the details that many others wouldn’t.”
36. “Not the fastest horse can catch a word spoken in anger.”
37. “A lot of problems in the world would be solved if we talked to each other instead of about each other.”
38. “Make sure to communicate your idea quickly and keep it straight to the point.”
39. “Although we live in an information technology age, we often find ourselves in failure to communicate situations. “
40. “To have good communications skills means you are able to make your point without a lot of fillers and stumbling.”
So, there you have it. An impressive 40 quotes on team communication to inspire your team.
Good team communication will mean you finish projects and tasks more efficiently. Everyone will have a clear understanding of what they need to do by when.
Anything to add? If we’ve missed your favourite quote, please let us know in the comments below.