You probably spend a lot of your week in meetings and feel this isn’t the best use of your time. The truth is that most meetings are a waste of time which eats into our productivity.
Any meeting that doesn’t directly result in increased revenue or cost savings is a complete waste of money.
Here are some interesting stats on meetings.
- In the US alone there are more than 25 million meetings held every day.
- More than $37 billion is spent on unproductive meetings.
- 15% of an organisation’s time is spent in meetings.
- Executives consider 67% of meetings to be failures.
- 92% confessed to multitasking during meetings.
- Video calls improve focus and engagement and increase team productivity.
Check out the infographic below from Fuze which reveals the ugly truth about meetings.
So, how can you have better meetings?
Here are our tips to help you and your team be more productive when it comes to meetings.
- Schedule shorter meetings
- Set clear expectations.
- Send materials in advance.
- Start and end on time.
- Avoid monologues.
- Stay focused.
- Capture key points and action items.
Related: How to Run Effective Team Meetings
One way you can cut down on meetings is by using our team collaboration tool. With a 30-free trial, you can improve your team’s productivity using instant chat and discussions.
If you must have a meeting then you can use Tameday to notify attendees when it is, share your agenda and assign outcomes from it to team members during or after the meeting.